Business Development Manager- Corporate
About Stamford Hotels and Resorts
Stamford is one of the largest owner/operator of premium quality hotels in Australia and New Zealand. The group operates a hotel portfolio with nearly 2500 rooms, 2200 employees, and residential assets. At Stamford Hotels and Resorts we understand that our people are our greatest asset. We strive to retain, develop and reward passionate and success-orientated professionals at all levels. In our pursuit for excellence, we encourage entrepreneurial thinking, challenge the status quo and inculcate a sense of ownership while fostering an environment of transparency, collaboration, respect and integrity among our employees, business partners and the community at large.
About the role
Reporting to the Director of Sales, as the Business Development Manager you will drive business growth across the corporate market segments for Stamford Plaza Auckland. Business will be sourced proactively as well as leveraging on key external partnerships to drive business opportunities. This role will also see you enthusiastically network with clients to build long lasting reputable relationships as well as attend a wide array of industry events and functions as you sell our brand and stunning facilities.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Driving business growth through the management of existing accounts and expanding on portfolios.
- Develop and maintain long lasting reputable relationships with clients.
- Execute and maintain business development plan to achieve sales targets.
- Selling our stunning property, by attracting new business within a range of industries and market sectors via various proactive activities including, but not limited to; sales calls, face to face presentations, hosting clients, attending networking and business-related events and retaining clients through relationship management.
- Excellent personal presentation with highly developed communication skills with internal and external clients.
- A passion and drive to win business with a 'can-do' attitude.
- Comprehensive experience in the hotel and tourism environment and the ability to convert enquiries into sales.
- Exercise a high level of organisational and time management skills as well as being strategically minded.
- The ability to travel and attend various industry trade shows and expo's.
- Demonstrated passion and ability in exceeding sales targets and KPIs.
Culture and Benefits
- Attractive food & beverage discount program;
- Internal career progression and training opportunities;
- Tailored coaching and mentoring program.
How to Apply
If you believe you have the drive and skills to succeed in this role please click the 'Apply Now' button.
We thank you in advance for your interest in this position, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.