Food & Beverage Attendant
About Stamford Hotels and Resorts
Stamford is one of the largest owner/operator of premium quality hotels in Australia and New Zealand. The group operates a hotel portfolio with nearly 2500 rooms, 2200 employees, and residential assets. At Stamford Hotels and Resorts we understand that our people are our greatest asset. We strive to retain, develop and reward passionate and success-orientated professionals at all levels. In our pursuit for excellence, we encourage entrepreneurial thinking, challenge the status quo and inculcate a sense of ownership while fostering an environment of transparency, collaboration, respect and integrity among our employees, business partners and the community at large.
Join our close knit & passionate team! a 5 star hotel Stamford Plaza is located in the CBD. Utilize your food & beverage skills to support this team’s success in providing exceptional guest service.
- Showcase your personality by creating memorable guest experiences
- Fantastic location situated in Auckland CBD
- Open the door to exciting opportunities for growth & development in a thriving hotel
Duties the successful applicants will be responsible for:
- Provision of exceptional food & beverage service
- Greeting/serving guests in a prompt manner including table service, order taking, table clearing & cashiering
- Remain up to date with the restaurant menu
- Confidence to offer suggestions for changes to the menu & always promote & up sell food & beverage items where possible
- Be organized by ensuring the outlet is set prior to meal service including table & buffet set up & clearance
- Setup for functions according to instructions
- Show vigilance when re-stocking fridges to par levels, store & ensure the overall outlet is correctly stocked in accordance with outlet stock control guidelines
- Be motivated by creating personalized & memorable experiences for guests
- Maintain a genuine passion for guest service & a desire to contribute to the positive culture we have at Stamford Plaza
The ideal applicant is someone who has:
- experience working in the hospitality industry (restaurant or banqueting)
- motivated to work independently & has ability to work as part of a team
- is friendly, outgoing & has great interpersonal skills
- excellent communication skills (both written & verbal)
- well groomed & professional in appearance
- has the ability to work under pressure & meet deadlines
- competent with manual handling
- exceptional attention to detail
- displays problem solving skills
- a qualification or currently undertaking studies in Hospitality Management
As a valued team member, you will receive recognition for your hard work & because your success is our success, you will be given the opportunity to grow & develop your career, so that you can be the best you can be. In return for your star performance, you will also reap some great rewards & staff incentives.
If you display a friendly, positive, professional demeanor with experience in a similar role and you feel that you could contribute further to the success of Stamford Plaza Auckland, then we would love to hear from you.
If this sounds like you then click 'Apply' because we would love to hear from you