Conference & Events Manager
Stamford Plaza Auckland has cemented its place as Auckland’s premiere central city 5-star hotel. Guests are greeted with outstanding service, unparalleled comfort and personalised hospitality. The 286 Guest Rooms and Suites infuse the senses with elegance and sophistication, our 10th floor Pool and Gym facilities have unrivalled views of the harbour and city and is a one of a kind facility within Auckland city.
We are now looking for an experienced full-time Conference & Events Manager to join our team.
As Conference & Events Manager, you will manage the Conference & Events team to actively convert customer enquiries into confirmed sales. The Conference & Events Manager will interact frequently with clients and guests to learn about their needs and develop relationships from which to earn repeat business as well as to expand existing business.
Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Maximise all Group, Conference and Event revenue opportunities.
- Review business plans, identify gaps and ensure proactive efforts to fill to capacity and meet set business targets.
- Contribute to the sales strategy of the hotel by managing the department’s adherence to achieving that strategy.
- Understand the competitor set as well as the Auckland marketplace and implement suitable approaches to ensure the business maintains market share and is viewed as a market leader.
- Successfully manage large events and exhibitions.
- Ensure the Conference & Events team is developed effectively and generate a culture of high-quality standards for relationship building, customer service, selling techniques and billing & processing contracts.
- Manage and develop the Conference & Events Team to ensure career progression and effective succession planning within the hotel and company.
To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills and values that follow:
- Demonstrated previous managerial or supervisory experience in a Reservations and/or Conference & Events function in the luxury hotel/ leisure sector.
- Strong leadership skills to effectively manage and motivate the team to achieve high levels of performance and exceed targets.
- Strong analytical skills to understand key business indicators and competitive trends and develop approaches to these challenges.
- Excellent selling capability and an ability and desire to coach selling techniques to the Conference & Events team.
- Experience in events management.
- Excellent organizational & planning skills.
- Proven accountability.
- Ability to work under pressure and show resilience.
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations.
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Knowledge of Hotel Property Management Systems including Delphi.
- Previous experience in the same or similar role.
If this sounds like you then click ‘Apply’ because we would like to hear from you!