Assistant Front Office Manager - Full time
Having recently undergone a multi -million dollar refurbishment, Stamford Plaza Auckland has cemented its place as Auckland's premiere central city 5 star hotel. Guests are greeted with outstanding service, unparalleled comfort and personalised hospitality.
The 286 Guest Rooms and Suites infuse the senses with elegance and sophistication, our 10th floor Pool and Gym facilities have unrivalled views of the harbour and city and is a one of a kind facility within Auckland city.
As the Assistant Front Office Manager you will be :
Reporting to the Rooms Division Manager, you will be an engaging and motivated person with strong Front Office background.
You will be responsible for maintaining service standards in all areas to ensure the guest experience is Exceptional in Every Sense.
You will ensure that all Front Office Staff are familiar with and adhere to current policies and procedures.
Your primary responsibility will be the management of the day-to-day operation of Front Office & Night Audit functions, while liaising with other departments as required. You will motivate team members to problem solve and surprise our guests and build loyalty.
Guest Relations will be an important element to the role. This will include: meeting and greeting VIP guests, responding to guest feedback online and contacting guests personally, analyzing feedback to reward success and find areas for improvement. For this reason, a high level of both spoken and written English is required.
Ability to oversee the hotel operation in the absence of the Rooms Division Manager. The Assistant Front Office Manager will be required to cover Duty Manager Shifts in the absence of Hotel Duty Managers. Weekend work will be required.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- The efficient day to day operations of Front Office
- Participation in planning and developing for attracting and retaining customers.
- Preparing business forecasts, projections and budgets as required.
- Addressing guest issues and establishing processes to promote guest satisfaction
- Ensuring the hotel operates within Legislative requirements.
- Minimum 2 years of experience as assistant manager is essential.
- Previous experience leading a team.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Highly organised & engaged.
- Solutions orientated.
- Shows initiative & self-motivation.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Passion for developing and leading a team.
- Current GM Certificate or able to obtain.
- Experience with Opera an advantage
- Eligible to work in NZ.
Successful applicants will also be flexible, able to work night shifts and possess a current work permit.
If you display a friendly, positive, professional demeanour with experience in a similar role and you feel that you could contribute further to the success of Stamford Plaza Auckland, then we would love to hear from you.