About Stamford Hotels and Resorts
Stamford is one of the largest owner/operator of premium quality hotels in Australia and New Zealand. The group operates a hotel portfolio with nearly 2500 rooms, 2200 employees, and residential assets. At Stamford Hotels and Resorts we understand that our people are our greatest asset. We strive to retain, develop and reward passionate and success-orientated professionals at all levels. In our pursuit for excellence, we encourage entrepreneurial thinking, challenge the status quo and inculcate a sense of ownership while fostering an environment of transparency, collaboration, respect and integrity among our employees, business partners and the community at large.
Stamford Plaza Auckland are seeking a passionate marketing professional to contribute to their diverse marketing and event goals for a 6 month contract.
Ideally, you’ll come from a tourism and hospitality background, but this is not essential. You will be looking for the next step in your career and be ready to hit the ground running!
You will have a full understanding of the strategies required to drive revenue throughout the business and be process driven. You will bring to the table your strong communication and relationship management skills for both internal and external stakeholders.
You’ll have advanced creative software, campaign management and social media skills with the ability to write copy for website and external communications (both traditional print media and for the online environment).
You will be an organised self-starter with excellent prioritising, time management, budgeting and reporting skills. This role is perfect for an individual who displays a fantastic energy and truly thrives on implementing new initiatives, campaigns and promotions, whilst adapting quickly to changing circumstances.
This role is diverse and will suit an experienced marketing professional who likes the idea of wearing many hats and enjoys a challenge.
- Creating and driving promotional activities through events and food & beverage promotions
- Writing and distributing PR related news, stories and publications to drive Stamford’s brand awareness both locally and nationally
- Working with the multiple business units to enhance their diverse range of products and guest experiences, this will include the development of the Hotel's special events like Mother’s Day, Christmas Day, Valentine's Day and New Year’s Eve etc.
- Working with various media and entertainment agencies to drive the Hotel's profile and guest utilisation resulting in increased revenues
- Ensuring our online marketing content is up to date on the Hotel’s and externally via third party websites
- Preparing marketing briefs for advertising campaigns, both print and digital
- Strategically manage social media content and campaigns for Facebook and Instagram including daily posts and advertising of our offerings and events
- Preparation of marketing and budgetary reports and presentations
To be considered for this challenging, varied and business functional role, the following skills and attributes are essential:
- Relevant degree or industry experience in marketing
- Extensive marketing knowledge and awareness of our brand
- Creative design skills and proficient in design software such as Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Highly organised and accurate with excellent time management skills and the ability to work to strict deadlines
- A good understanding of ROI reporting and mutually beneficial sponsorships, partnerships and cross promotions
- Technology and commercially savvy with proven experience in a similar role
- Exceptional communication and influencing skills with the natural ability to empathise with our business and multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to think creatively, laterally and logically to develop solutions
- An understanding of and interest in national and international hospitality and tourism trends and markets
- Previous hotel or tourism sector experience (highly desirable)
Applications are invited from candidates with relevant experience.
Please click the apply button to submit your application
Stamford Hotels & Resorts are an equal opportunity employer.